Sunday, July 21, 2013

30 years old

Yep, I can now say that I am 30 years old.  I got to celebrate my birthday with almost all my family in Houston... sans my husband and a brother.  My mom had planned a fun joint birthday party with my grandma (who had just turned 85) and our neighbors, Bob and Pat, who celebrated their anniversary of 57 years the same day as my birthday.  It was a fantastic day complete with playing in the rain, enjoying a wonderful meal with family, corsages and toasts... and of course, the family tradition of banging pans on the minute of my birth since this was a decade birthday.  Even Joe, Ben and Rhi were on the phone for that part! :)














As a side note, I had been a bit skeptical about being in the 30's.  I mean... I am definitely feeling older and I loved my 20's.  But... its not all that bad.  Its actually quite good.  The fun is just beginning!

I also saw a quote about it that I liked...

"I'm 30 but I still feel like I'm 20...
until I hang out with 20 year olds....
then I'm like, nope never mind, I'm 30."

No comments:

Post a Comment