Thursday, August 9, 2012

Rocks

The walkway to the left of our house had these big rocks which the kids (and even I) had a hard time walking on without tripping and falling.  So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and move all the big rocks and replace them with some smaller one inch rocks that would be much easier to walk on.  


I thought it was a small area and would not be that hard.  But it doesn't matter how big the area, when you are moving rocks... its hard.  The kids were an awesome help with picking up a rock at a time and putting it in the skid steer.  They got bored after a bit though and went on to play with other things.  After a couple hours of moving rocks, getting the kids lunch, and putting them down for naps.. I laid down on the couch and did not want to move.... for awhile.


That evening Joe had an hour or so after dinner so he helped us finish up and move the rest.  I had gotten a lesson in driving the skid steer which was super fun, but Joe and Nate took the last load up.


Then we filled it in with smaller rocks.... as well as the area in our back left side of the back yard... including a little walkway. :)


On another rock note, Joe moved a bunch of big rocks to create a flowerbed in our backyard.  We just need some top soil and some pretty plants and a little waterfall to complete it.  I'll keep you updated.


I like landscaping! :) Its fun to see a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment