Monday, August 13, 2012

Mud room decor

I have had an idea for making a sign for the front of our house for a couple years now and am just now getting it done.  I thought it would look great on the outside of our mud room.  Side note for all you southerners: A mud room is a small room attached to the entryway of your house where you can take off your wet and dirty winter clothes before entering your house.  I have had different people call it the "little room before you walk in your house" or the "entry place at your front door".  Both are correct, but just so you can learn something new, in the north, its called a mud room.  Anyway... after I told him what to write, Joe sketched the words on a piece of wood and then we started to engrave it with an engraving tool.

 I spent some good time on this during naps over the last week or so.


I was really impressed with the result though!


Next came the stain.  And goodness knows I have a hard time making decisions.  This was just another occasion to prove that.



Then I painted the inside of the letters black and we put a finishing outdoor coat on it before hanging it up.

Accompanied by a recycled pair of chacos and our cabin number, the outdoor mud room decor is complete! :)




 Welcome to our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment